Questions from a Wedding Party
1. Is it a realistic story for the first century: people snubbing a king’s invitation?
2. What is the meaning of the burned town?
3. How does the story fit in dechristianized America (or West)?
4. How come that bad and good people are now invited? Don’t you have to be worthy to be invited?
What is the criterion?
5. If the temple leadership is portrayed here as being rejected, has Jesus a “replacement” leadership in mind?
6. Why is it that that poor man who does not have the right clothes is rejected? Is that the end of inclusiveness (the bad and the good)?
7. What is the meaning of the banquet right now?
8. Who is in charge of keeping the party ongoing?